Tuesday, 7 February 2017

Digipack- Inside panel 3/4 Construction


Digipak Double Inside Panel  






The decision to make a double inside panel came when i was practicing my skills with photoshop and really liked the image with no affects at all. The lighting we had captured with the set in the studio looked so good we did not need any affects on the image itself and so i decided to try and link the image a bit more to the video itself. There is one shot in which Morty is holding the drumsticks whilst they are on fire, because of this I attempted to add fire to the drumsticks myself.

  1. The first step was to slightly cut down the size of the image so to get the corrects size if a double inside cover of a digipak. I did this using the crop tool. 
  2. Next I looked through the internet to find the most accurate peace of fire I could as a better peace i could get the easier it would be to add the flames to the image of josh. Once I found a picture with a black background and of high enough quality and moved it into photoshop. 
  3. I next cut round the fire by zooming in extremely close to ensure i did not cut any of the peaces indeed off then making it a layer mask to remove it from the background.
  4. For this I dragged the flames over the drumstick and lowered the exposure to make the flames look more realistic and fade the top of the drumstick itself. 
  5. To add the image of the disk holder I found the image on the internet and screen showed it. I added it to photoshop and changed the quality of the image to loose the focus a little. 
  6. Using Quick Select I removed all of the white so that it only left the outline. Holding sift I was then able to move the disk connector outline into place.     

No comments:

Post a Comment